ARTIST/MUSICIAN APPLICATION AND INFO
Applications for the 2018 SFRAF will be available in March 2018
2017 Salt Fork River Art & Music Festival
Sleepy Creek Vineyards
8254 E 1425 North Rd
Fairmount, IL 61841
(Google Map link)
July 6, 2017 – Last day to apply
July 11, 2017 – Applicants will be notified of SFRAF Jury decisions
August 12, 2017 – Booth fees due for all accepted artists
Saturday, September 23, 2017 (10am to 6pm) – SFRAF
Sunday, September 24, 2017 (11am to 4pm) – SFRAF
Artist Booth fee:
OUTSIDE 12 x 12, $75
PAVILION: 10 x 10, $100 (electricity included)
Note: Artists may share a 12 x 12 or 10 x 10 with another artist. Apply separately with a comment on who you plan to share with. Both artists must be accepted
There is no jury fee!
At the time of acceptance all payments will be made through PayPal (you do not have to have a PayPal account and can use any credit card)
The festival will include up to 50 artists (demonstrations are encouraged but not required), live music, and delicious food and wine in a beautiful country backdrop of grapevines and cattails. Fun, laid back, cool and entertaining, the event draws an eclectic crowd from nearby cities in both Illinois and Indiana. You’ll find great art from funky to traditional, wine, a broad variety of music, and wine! Admission and parking are free.
SFRAF invites artists who work in broad range of art and craft media to apply. The media categories are:
- 2D (painting in watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, pastel, printmaking, photography, collage, calligraphy, mixed media, and paper arts)
- Ceramic (functional, sculptural, hand built, thrown)
- Fiber (wearable, decorative)
- Glass (blown, fused, slumped, sand cast)
- Jewelry (precious metal, gems, beaded, other)
- Wood (functional, sculptural, furniture, accessories)
- Other (basketry, leather, book arts, soap, other)
- The SFRAF is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands. Commercially manufactured items, import items, commercially cast jewelry, or works of art from molds and kits are not acceptable.
- All sales will be conducted between the artist and purchaser. Artists are responsible for collecting and remitting 6.5% Illinois sales tax on all sales made at SFRAF.
- Artists must be present to exhibit and manage their displays. Artists are limited to the booth space they were assigned. Booth spaces are non-transferable. Any artist who has not been juried into the Festival, or has not paid the booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Set up begins at 7:00am on Saturday September 23th. Please have vehicles parked in the back lot by 9:30 am. SFRAF hours are 10-6 Saturday and 11-4 Sunday. You may not drive to your booth space until you are packed up and ready to load your vehicle
- Electricity is not available for outdoor booths but is for for the pavilion.
- If accepted, you agree to the use of your images for promotional purposes unless you notify us in writing.
- Artists must furnish their own tents, displays, and equipment. Please bring adequate weights or stakes to anchor your tent and artwork securely. Please note, security will not be provided. It is recommended that you remove valuables from your area before leaving Saturday evening.
- Booth fees are nonrefundable.
- By applying to the Salt Fork River Art Festival, I accept the rules, exhibiting requirements, and procedures outlined in this application. I agree to be nice and considerate to my artist neighbors. I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Sleepy Creek Vineyards and by extension the SFRAF, volunteers, or agents responsible for accidental damage, theft, or loss or liability of any kind including copyright infringement.
The Salt Fork River Art & Music Festival has a limited number of available time slots for performers. We are looking for original music in the singer/songwriter, Americana, Roots or World Music genres. We will also consider other unique performance based acts. Please fill out the Music/Entertainment Application form to submit your information for consideration.